Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 1998
- Director: Terry Gilliam
- Based on the book: by Hunter S. Thompson
- Cast: Johnny Depp, Benicio Del Toro, Tobey Maguire and then I gave up
- Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor in:
- Johnny Depp – Nightmare on Elm Street, Platoon, Slow Burn, Cry-Baby, Edward Scissorhands, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, Arizona Dream, Benny and Joon, Ed Wood, Don Juan DeMarco, Dead Man, Nick of Time, Donnie Brasco, The Brave, The Ninth Gate, The Astronaut’s Wife, Sleepy Hollow, The Man Who Cried, Chocolat, Blow, From Hell, Lost in La Mancha, Pirates of the Caribbean (all four of them), Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Secret Window, Finding Neverland, Libertine, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Sweeney Todd, The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus, Public Enemies, Alice in Wonderland, The Tourist
- Benicio Del Toro – Things We Lost in the Fire, 21 Grams, The Pledge, Traffic, The Usual Suspects, The Indian Runner
- Tobey Maguire – The Great Gatsby, The Ice Storm, Pleasantville, Cider House Rules, Spiderman
- Why? Johnny Depp. Fifteenth movie of JD marathon.
- Seen: Once and two half-times . Now, a half-time: January 31, 2014
The first time we watched this, we turned it off. Couldn’t take it. It was before we got into JD. Once we got into JD we tried again and made it all the way through.
This time, five minutes into it, I’m tempted to turn it off again. What is this? For one thing, it’s really irritating.
There’s probably some merit in the absurdist statement on the excess of drugs and…all that. If you’re in the right mood it might be fascinating or funny or something. I’m not in the mood.
Nope. Can’t hack it this time. Not even for JD. We’re fast forwarding to the credits because there are a lot of familiar faces. But they’re all just cameos really.
What a waste of superior acting and directing talent and good music. Movie night though this is, we’re turning off the DVD to read instead.
I think this has to be
0 * of 5