- Director: James Cameron
- Based on Book: no
- Cast: Sigourney Weaver, Carrie Henn, Michael Biehn and others
- Personal “oh yeah him/her” reaction, i.e. have seen this actor/actress in:
- Sigourney Weaver – lots, for example Working Girl, Dave, Death and the Maiden, The Ice Storm, A Map of the World, Holes, Snow Cake, Be Kind Rewind, Avatar, and of course the other Alien movies.
- No others really
- Why bought: classic sci fi, recommended by friend ÖB.
- Seen: once – September 14, 2012
Well, that was exciting. Lots of flamethrowers and super machine guns and yucky monsters. In other words, more of the same. Not nearly as creepy as the first Alien movie because now we know what kind of critters these aliens are but of course adding a kid makes the suspense more acute. The little girl Newt is a toughie and it’s hard to believe that she can really recover psychologically from all the horrible things that happen to her. Nevertheless I thought her shrill screaming got to be a little tiresome. I’m also allergic to the extremely obnoxiously macho marines, both male and female, and couldn’t help feel a little satisfaction as one after another they were proven less indestructible than they thought they were. Not anywhere as likeable a crew as in the first film. Although the fake human was much nicer than nasty Ian Holm.
One more complaint. Unless I really got mixed up studying Physics 1 at the university, I learned that if you open the door of your space ship, hanging on tight really doesn’t help much.
But did I sit clutching the arms of my chair throughout the whole film? Oh yes. It’s exciting enough to curl your toes. 3 * of 5.